The Academy for Lifelong Learning’s Spring 2020 semester was abbreviated because of the Coronavirus Pandemic, and this fall we continue to have only limited access to our usual classroom locations. The ALL board of directors’ choice was either to shift to offering a remote learning format or to cancel the fall semester entirely. After surveying our membership and our coordinators, the board voted to restructure the fall 2020 semester program to a remote-learning classroom format.
The platform for ALL’s fall online classes will be Zoom. In addition to our classes, the fall catalog also will ONLY be an electronic version on our website. You can find more information about using Zoom, links to instructional videos on using Zoom, class listings, a detailed explanation of the registration process, and online class protocols on this website and in the catalog.
You may also have noticed that our website has a new look. Initially the site will focus on the fall semester, but we will soon be adding or restoring much of the information about ALL that we used to carry.
Meanwhile, here is a checklist of critical dates to keep in mind this semester:
- Early August – Catalog and registration forms will be posted on the ALL website
- August 21 – Completed registration form and check are due on or before this date
- August 24 – Registration opens
- September 14 – Classes begin
- October 26 – First 6- week classes end
- October 27 – Second 6-week classes begin
- December 16 – Fall semester ends.
We miss being with each other in person, both in class and at social events, and we look forward to an early opportunity to re-connect. Meanwhile, stay healthy and safe.
Jim Lathrop, President